VidStore is owned by TN Marketing and is at the forefront of online video monetization. We’ve developed a portfolio of the niche media streaming websites that do millions of dollars in yearly transactions. Our team is comprised of fun-loving, dedicated, and high-producing individuals. We are seeking a Senior WordPress Backend Developer (PHP/MySQL) to contribute to our team of WordPress Jedis.Please Note: This position is for US and Canada based developers only.
Experience in the Internets, you must have.
- • Advanced proficiency with modern PHP & MySQL development, including object oriented PHP.
- • Extensive WordPress experience, you can speak about the pros and cons of developing with WordPress.
- • Experience with custom WordPress themes and plugins from scratch and can show us examples within your GitHub/Bitbucket account.
- • Development expertise with custom post types, custom fields, plug-ins, theme development, and WordPress database structure knowledge.
- • Opinions on WordPress architecture including version control, deployment, server configuration, and caching.
- • Understanding of WordPress shortcodes, functions, and the loop.
- • Extensive experience in full development life cycle. You have experience in working locally, deploying to staging environment, and then deployments to production.
- • You are comfortable with the command line.
- • Experience transferring data through endpoints using APIs.
- • Experience with dependency management tools like Composer, Grunt, Gulp, and Bower.
- • Strong interpersonal and communication skills.
- • Flexibility regarding changing priorities and the ability to meet deadlines.
- • Highly motivated to complete projects while working remotely.
- • Managed more than one custom WordPress site.
- •You are using a Mac! (seriously, you need to be)
Experience in the Internets, it is good to have.
- • Experience using WooCommerce and WooCommerce Subscriptions.
- • You have used server configuration tools like Ansible.
- • You have experience using Vagrant for local development.
- • You have built sites using modern frameworks like Laravel, Symfony, Rails or Django.
- • Experience with Brightcove (Video Cloud) and its BEML language (preferred)
- • You have used LESS or SASS.
- • Experience with Brightcove (Video Cloud) and its BEML language (preferred).
- • Experience with DoubleClick Ads (preferred).
- • Experience in Unit Tests.
- • Knowledge of AWS.
Job responsibilities, you shall perform:
- • New coding for our existing themes, new coding for plugins, work with existing plugins (WooCommerce), and third party integrations. To see what kind of websites you’ll be helping upgrade, build and launch check out the sites on Branded Storefronts.
- • Updating and maintenance of code across our network of websites.
- • Troubleshooting website and technology issues across our managed platforms, including WordPress, Brightcove, Doubleclick, and several more.
- • Testing new website code prior to deployment.
- • Managing source code in Github.
- • Updating mobile applications for iOS and Android.
- • Gathering requirements, estimating projects, and performing approved tasks.
Compensation and Hours:
This opportunity is for 20-30 hours per week, with the potential for full time hours (40/week) if you perform well. The more of the requested capabilities/experience you have, the more hours we can offer and the faster you will integrate into our dev team. The job is hourly 1099 contract work to start with the potential for full-time employment. Our hourly payment rates are competitive with top agencies and companies, and dependent on your experience and performance. Paychecks are paid monthly. We look forward to exploring further and uniting our time and talents with you, Obi-WP Master.